Saturday, June 18, 2011

Take Me Over

I <3 Dan Whitford.

"Take Me Over" starts like  a summer morning, sun shining through the blinds, a few moments of stretching, and a roll out of bed. This song is ready for adventure.

Take me over, now take me out
Give me something to dream about

It's a song for the  stubbornly optimistic amongst us (with a guitar a nod to Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey Buckingham), a song about following your dreams when everyone else might think you're crazy.

Do you hear the voice inside your head,
Whispering to live your dreams instead,
Some people cling to what they know,
But I woke up now it's time to go.

When I first heard this song back in November, I reverted into a teenager and had to get all the lyrics written out right away so I could sing along. I listened to "Take Me Over" on my computer, in the stereo, the car, my classroom...I just couldn't get enough. It put a bounce in my step and a wiggle in my caboose.

Cut // Copy, thanks for the reminder that I don't ever want to be lolled into "settling" for less than my dreams...and for reinforcing my idealism to get me "through the jungle, through the night, to paradise." Yeah for summertime and sunshine!

It's the second track (but they are all good) :)

Cut Copy - Zonoscope by modularpeople

No comments:

Post a Comment