Thursday, January 12, 2012

Carrying it Everywhere


I'm one of those obsessive readers who carries her book everywhere despite the fact that I know I'll have no time to read it. When I go to work, I take it anyway, and it sits in the passenger seat of my car patiently waiting for a loving caress. There's a comfort in holding a world near, knowing you could plunge into it, sustained by story.

The same has been true of an album for the last week. I put it in my purse as I'm leaving the house, play it in the car, eject it from the car's cd player when I arrive, then put it back in my purse on the off chance that somehow I will find an excuse to play it while I work, or that I might be able to share a song or two with someone. It's a lovely feeling to be treating an album with the reverence I usually treat a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment