Monday, January 21, 2013

Coming in 2013!

Cruising the international music mags (NME and The Guardian's music page) has brought good fortune: knowledge of two totally rocking bands that will be releasing their first full length albums this year.

HAIM

If I was a teenager I would build a shrine to this band. Not only does the music rule, but the images of individuality, sisterhood (literally and metaphorically), and confidence cuts me to the heart with joy. And HAIM's having a blast, too! Rock 'n' roll!



Savages

Who's peeking at my wishlist? 
  • Intense (with conviction...with vitality!...with volume!)
  • A bit punk rock
  • Sweet basslines
  • Singer/band presence (the comparisons that can be made to Ian Curtis/Joy Division/Banshees/Patti Smith are not lost on me here)
  • Ability to fill the sonic space with a 4 piece band...and utilize silence
  • Make rock 'n' roll feel THRILLING!



2013 is gonna rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment