Sunday, May 19, 2013

21% of My Posts

Tonight I am re-reading the writing I did on this blog. For over a year it sustained me in a time of creative drought. It pains me that I haven't had the time to engage with this blog, but at the same time, I want to acknowledge that I have been investing my energy in other areas: getting involved in my Union, and trying to rally community engagement around issues in education so that we can take it back from the corporate interests that dominate the profession. I've also been trying my hand at other types of writing.

I'm not sure how long it will be until I return this way whole-heartedly, though it is never far from my mind. Therefore, I share with you the blog entries I am most proud of (in chronological order). Most of them relate music to my life on a personal level, a few of them are intellectual, analytical. All of them reveal a piece of my heart.

The Joshua Tree

Grace

Suburban War: All My Friends, I Love You

Pulling the Pin

Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea

Record Store Day

Let England Shake

(Cheesy) Pop Songs of the 80s Sing Stories from My Life

Orpheus Holds My Mirror, OR Hell and Affirmation

She is Not Here to Make You Laugh

Counting Back the Years

Ryan's 30th Mixtape

Music is Not for Spectators

The Distance Between

Let's Get Physical 

Dress


No comments:

Post a Comment