Thursday, December 8, 2011

Little Drummer Boy

 Day 3/4 of 20 Days of Christmas

Every year around this time Ryan and I get really excited about listening to our Christmas lps and watching all the Christmas shows (of quality) produced over the years. We also like to indulge in the best of the worst Christmas specials like "A Very Brady Christmas" (I'll admit that's even a little bit too much for me, but Ryan LOVES it) and laugh at the horrible writing, terrible acting, and often disturbing innuendo.

I was going to wait longer to share the following songs, but I decided I needed a laugh. The following are two versions of the same song/script; one is played for seriousness, the other reinterpreted for the modern, irreverent comedy appreciating crowd.


The Sweet & Sentimental

David Bowie and Bing Crosby get together to sing a generation-spanning Christmas song under the pretense of being neighbors (and not knowing who the other is despite their fame). It's lovely!





The Ridiculous & Irreverent 

The following take on Bing and David's song is performed by Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. Embedding was disabled, but believe me you've got to see this video to believe it. Keep in mind, Ferrell and Reilly are following the same script as the original for much of the sketch!

 http://youtu.be/EJBFD-Wvc7U

No comments:

Post a Comment